What are Blogs and Wikis
A Blog or a Wiki is the same as the webpage, that we are all familiar with from our experiences on the Internet. Both the Blog and the Wiki provides a medium for the use of a huge range of collaborative tools and to share these with others online. A professional theme or layout is provided to work with along with a structure to organise gadgets, links and online resources in a useful way.
Benefits of Blogs and Wikis
- Ease of creation
- Additions of online features such as widgets
- Engagement of students
- Engagement of teachers
- Presentation of work
- Integration of text books, online resources with Blogs and Wikis
- Understand variety in the use of Blogs and Wikis by teachers and students
Requirements for the development of Blogs and Wikis in schools
- Membership of online resources
- Naming structure wikis
- Modelling of the use of technology
- Time to learn, develop and understand
- Hardware and furniture in a learning space
Questions that can be asked as ICT is explored
- How do we spread ICT use through the staff?
- Do teachers know what is out there?
- What are the online resources?
- How to access online resources?
- What are the CD resources?
- How to access CD resources?
- How to integrate text with technology?
- Judgements of technology by teachers without investigation?
- Why is sharing so limited in the system?
- How do we pass on to staff the benefits?
- How do we use the ICT support?
How do we measure the success of the integration of ICT?
- levels of use of technology by staff and students
- in programs
- in classroom
- in a klas
- in the work completed by students
- attendance at formal trainings
- inquiry at informal trainings
- resultant marks and outcomes achieved